Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I love Japanese Toys!

I have always been a sucker when it comes to soft toys, so it comes as no surprise that I have accumulated some of the cutest ones I could find in Japan.

On our first visit to Japan we had some spare time one day so we asked the concierge at our hotel if there is a toy store close by. We all know that Japan is the innovator when it comes to new and exciting toys and robots so we thought we would try to find some.

We were directed to Hakuhinkan Toy Park in Ginza.

We were in for a treat!

4 whole floors of toys!!!!

The ground floor has all the latest gadgets and toys and latest crazes and things you only see in Japan. You can spend ages looking around this floor alone and marveling at all the cool stuff Japanese kids get to play with!

The next floor up is the soft toy floor and there is literally hundreds of different types of everything you can think of. There is every animal under the sun as well as Disney and Studio Ghibli characters.

I had a panda when I was little and he was always there to hug when I needed a friend or if I had a nightmare. So ever since I have been on the lookout for more Panda bears and I found the most adorable and super soft one ever - so I got it in 2 sizes!


Next I found the most amazing little rabbit. It comes in lots of colours and sizes and was expensive compared to other soft toys. I am not sure if it was a special character or if it is just the material as it actually feels like a real rabbit it is that soft! Its head permanently slumps to one size which makes it even sweeter.



And lastly, the softest most adorable polar bear ever to have been made! I have never felt this material before it is like the softest fleece mixed with flannel. He may not be the most handsome polar bear but he is the most hugable!


One more floor up and you find all types of kids and baby toys from floating rubber ducks to board games.

The next level is full of figurines and models and more 'boy' toys and collectibles and there is also an 'old fashioned' slot car racing track.
I beat my husband twice playing the slot cars. He blamed it on his slow car......

Here is a link to the toy stores website. It is in Japanese, but you can see the pictures and get an idea of what its like.

http://www.hakuhinkan.co.jp/guide_en.html Click on each floor description and you can see some pictures of what they keep in stock.

If you are in Tokyo you must go to Hakuhinkan Toy Park. Just have a browse and I guarantee before you know it, you will have lost track of time and turned into a kid again by the time you leave!

G

4 comments:

  1. How much is it?

    Hi G, could You help me with itinerary? I've been sent an email to You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Furquan,

    It's been a little while since I purchased these toys but from memory the polar bear was about AUD$15, the rabbit was about AUD$30 and the pandas were say AUD$20 for the small one and AUD$30-$40 for the big one.

    I will check my email now for you

    G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks G, I'll wait for You respond.

      Oya, How much in Yen? I am going to Japan, at 21 March till 5 April 2012. Could I see the snow at Japan?

      Delete
    2. Where you are going, you won't see any snow.

      The toys were from ¥1,100-¥3,500.

      I relied to your email about 2 days ago :)

      G

      Delete