Sunday, October 16, 2011

My own private Cherry Blossom Season

As it is spring here in Australia, it means it is our turn for cherry blossom season.

I have 2 different varieties of cherry trees in my front yard and one of the trees is bursting with blossoms already.

It is a weeping cherry blossom tree and it is a light pink colour. The little blossoms always remind me of pom poms as they are the variety with lots of petals.

Some of the flowers are completely out, but most of the tree is not blooming yet.

Every day I am out in the garden examining my beautiful tree and inspecting all of the buds to see how long until some of them burst open.

Of course being in my front yard with 2 Sakura trees is nothing compared to Japan and it only ignites my longing to be in Japan or at least planning a trip there!

Maybe tonight I will have a glass of  Honey Ume Shu (plum wine) and pretend i am having my own private Hanami (Cherry blossom viewing party)!

Do you have cherry blossoms (Sakura) starting to bloom where you are?

Enjoy the next few photos :)

G

Buds getting ready to burst open

Nearly open

Sakura in all its glory
Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment