Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cherry Blosson Season # 1 - Zojoji Temple

The 2011 Cherry blossom season will no doubt be more subdued then normal due to the tsunami devastation and nuclear crisis at the moment.

I was however lucky enough to be in Tokyo exactly this time last year (2010) on my honeymoon for Cherry blossom season. It has always been a dream of mine to see cherry blossom season and it finally came true.

I could write forever about cherry blossom season, but words cannot really describe the feeling of being there. The atmosphere, the smells of the 'street food' and the sheer excitement and happiness in the air.

I only got to see Cherry blossoms in Tokyo and now that I have seen it once, I want to go back every year!

I saw my first cherry blossoms directly outside the airport while on the 'Orange Friendly bus' airport shuttle (that's a whole other blog entry!). Just a few white cherry's lining the streets but my excitement soared. So much so in fact that as I pointed the trees out to my new husband, I forgot the glass was there and smashed my finger into the window!

The first place we decided to go to was Zojoji temple located adjacent to Tokyo Tower. There were many cherry blossoms and it was a great atmosphere.

Blossom with Zojoji Temple

Weeping pink cherry blossom


Cherry blossom with Tokyo Tower
 A great start to my cherry blossom viewing.

Stay tuned for more cherry blossom pictures and adventures.

G

No comments:

Post a Comment